It seems this year has flown by. I can’t believe Labor Day weekend is almost here. Labor Day marks the unofficial end of summer, pools are closing, most kids are back in school and vacations are just about over. Until we moved to Kettering, we used to go away every year on Labor Day. Once here, we soon discovered there were a lot of fun Labor Day activities for us in the Dayton area. Below are some of the great events happening in our area.
1. Alterfest: This four-day event takes place at Alter High School in Kettering. There is something for everyone here, plus, I have heard there is an amazing chicken dinner.
2. Holiday at Home: Speaking of Kettering, each year the city hosts Holiday at Home. It is a four-day event featuring a car show, parade, 5K race, arts and crafts fair and a ton of other events. It is one of the city’s biggest events. This is one of my favorite events to attend.
3. The Fair at New Boston: Each Labor Day, history comes alive in George Rogers Clark Park. Here you can experience America’s founding era and meet the pioneers of early Ohio in the year 1798. There is an air balloon flight, militia, food, crafts and era-appropriate entertainment. Tickets range from $3-$8. I don’t know about you, but I think this one sounds super fun.
4. Family Fun at Young’s: Who doesn’t love Young’s Dairy? Over Labor Day weekend they are offering a special family value wristband for a days’ worth of unlimited fun. Don’t forget to get some ice cream, which is my family’s favorite part of a trip to Young’s.
5. River Blast: Celebrate Labor Day in the city of Miamisburg with live entertainment, music, food and fireworks. There is a kid’s area, which includes a giant inflatable play area, face painting, puppet shows and more.
6. Dollar Days at Kings Island: To celebrate the end of summer, Kings Island created Dollar Days. Over Labor Day weekend, several popular foods, treats, and games are only $1.
You don’t have to go away to have a great Labor Day weekend. Did I miss one of your favorite events? Send it to me at Val@rivervalleycu.org. For more activities in our area visit my blog at https://www.rivervalleycu.org/val.